Double your spread (and your host-of-the-year points) with variations on the Daily Kneads Spinach & Leek Classic Cucumber Sandwiches, with simple 5 ingredients or less recipes.
Classic Cucumber Finger Sandwiches
Total: 15 min | Yields: 12 finger sandwiches
- 8 slices Daily Kneads Spinach & Leek Vegetable Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, preferably softened
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chives or dill
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt + Pepper
Pair up your bread pieces, and lightly butter the interior side of your soon-to-be sandwich. Use your sliced cucumber to build a layer on 4 of the bread pieces.
Add mayonnaise, chives/dill, mustard and some salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir. Apply this spread on top of the cucumbers.
Add your remaining slices of buttered bread to make 4 sandwiches. Here you can cut off the crusts and cut each sandwich into three fingers, if you want a more classic look, or simply cut as desired.
Craving a crunch?
Try cutting the bread first, and using a toaster oven to lightly toast prior to applying cucumbers and spread.
Mix it up!
Enjoy some variations on the classic sandwich, and add some color to your appetizer station with a wide variety of flavor favorites. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Daily Kneads Roasted Tomato Bread
- Fresh hummus (garlic or pine nut flavored are a hit with us!)
- Thinly sliced honeyed ham
- Cucumber, for a crunch
- Daily Kneads Sweet Beet Bread
- Vegetable Cream Cheese
- Thin pieces of Avocado
- Shredded Cheese, a sharp cheddar or mozzarella go nicely
- Daily Kneads Carrot & Pumpkin Bread
- Corned beef, chopped to perfection
- Light layer of mayo
- Diced pickles
- Fresh raw kale
Let us know your favorite!