This french toast is a new twist on an old classic, featuring delicious Carrot & Pumpkin Daily Kneads Bread to sneak some vegetables into a sweet morning treat.
Total: 30 min | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 min
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices Daily Kneads Carrot & Pumpkin Vegetable Bread
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
- Powdered sugar as desired
- Fresh fruits to taste: we used blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and candied pecans for variations on extra yum!
In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
Turn on medium heat to a 10-12-inch pan, and add butter until just melted. While heating, you can whisk together dry ingredients, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into an unheated shallow pan.
Dip your Carrot & Pumpkin bread in egg mixture. Add the dipped sliced to the pan and cook until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
Dust with powdered sugar or confection of choice. Serve with syrup and enjoy!